There are various training sessions on topics related to fundraising, corporate governance and philanthropy to respond to specific needs and provide professionals with better fundraising tools.
Check out the course calendar offered by your professional association. More and more, training sessions on governance and private funding are organized by these groups. The Conseil québécois des ressources humaines en culture provides a complete list here.
Training offered by the Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP-ACPDP)
The CAGP-ACPDP is the main organizer of training activities for professional gift planners who work for charitable or non-profit organizations, or as consultants. The Association offers several training activities which it provides to its members at a reduced cost and to non-members at a competitive rate.
Among the activities of the CAGP-ACPDP are:
- The Original Canadian Gift Planning course: a demanding, comprehensive course that provides in-depth education on the full range of gift planning issues.
- The Advanced CPG course: an intensive immersion in the tax and philanthropic issues related to charitable giving aimed at professional advisors and seasoned gift planners. This course is offered every two or three years.
- Strategic Gift Planning Bootcamp: take your major-gift fundraising to a whole new level. Learn more about donor-centered strategic gift planning through a carefully structured learning experience.
- The CAGP-ACPDP national conference: a two-and-a-half day event that lets participants choose from among various workshops on a range of topics, given by seasoned professionals.
Workshops, webinars and a conference by the Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP).
Many conferences and webinars are given every season by the CAGP.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has a Quebec chapter. It occasionally offers conferences on fundraising.
Coaching sessions for artists given by YES Montréal (Youth Employment Services). Personalized support for artists to help them define and attain their objectives based on a short- or long-term action plan. Support is offered in the following areas:
- Career development
- Event planning and projects
- Finance and fundraising
- Industry resources and organizations
- Marketing and promotional tools/strategy
Culture Montréal posts a lot of relevant information on its bulletin board regarding upcoming training sessions offered by various groups. Members receive information on a weekly basis. If you haven’t already joined, click here to become a member of Culture Montréal.