A library that rents works of art to individuals, organizations and businesses, for short or long periods. Over 5,000 works created by some 1,000 local artists are available for rent.
Artothèque’s mission is to give a taste for art to the greatest number of people by making works easily accessible while increasing our artists’ visibility. It’s run by the Fondation des arts et métier d’art du Québec.
- Obtain visibility thanks to the website, virtual catalogue and your listing in the directory of Quebec museums
- Receive rental income from your works
- Increase your visibility and become better known
- Create relationships with the business sector and new clients
- Possibly sell your works
To become listed with the Artothèque, you must submit a file by email or regular mail. This file must contain the following items:
- Your complete contact information
- An updated CV (5 pages max)
- A detailed CD-Rom containing well-identified recent works
- A descriptive list of the works containing their number, title, year, media, supports, size, and price; indicate to the committee which pieces are available for consignment
- A text describing your creative process (500 words max)
- A press kit (if available)
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope, otherwise the files will be destroyed
Files are reviewed and evaluated twice a year (January 31 and June 30) by a selection committee made up of peers from various artistic domains. Decisions are made according to specific guidelines, such as the relevance of the submitted works with regard to client demand, their fragility, weight, size, etc.